Scott Toussaint was born and raised in Wilmington, North Carolina. He graduated from the University of North Carolina Wilmington with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice. Upon graduation, he entered the U.S. Army as an Infantry Officer where he graduated from Airborne and Ranger school and led a light infantry rifle platoon for three years.
In 1993, Scott earned his law degree from the University of South Carolina Law. Since obtaining his degree, Scott has gained valuable and diverse experience through his involvement in many legal and community organizations. Working as Clerk for a Circuit Court Judge taught Scott many of the inner workings of the court system.
In addition to being a member of the Oconee County and South Carolina Bar Associations, Scott recently completed his appointment to the Ethics Advisory Board for the South Carolina Bar Association.
Scott is also heavily involved in the Oconee County community. He currently serves as a Staff Judge Advocate and Lieutenant Colonel in the South Carolina Army National Guard.
He also serves on:
- Oconee County Friends of Guardian ad Litem Board of Directors
- Board of A Ripple of One
He has also served on:
- Oconee County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Leadership Oconee County Board of Directors
- Mountain Lakes Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors
- Oconee Heritage Center Board of Directors
- South Carolina SC Bar Fee Dispute Board
In Scott’s free time he enjoys running, gardening and spending time with his wife and children.